- Selected Bibliography: Weisman et al., Preconception Care, Women's Health, and Findings from the Central Pennsylvania Women's Health Study (CePAWHS) can be viewed here.
- Preconception Health and Health Care Resource Center Abstract Deadline Extended to March 21 -- please click here for more information and for other exciting opportunities to advance preconception health care.
- The Interconception Care Project for California, led by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, District IX and funded by March of Dimes, California Chapter, released its interconception care tool kit on October 12. The recommendations aim to improve and promote the interconception health by maximizing care provided during the postpartum visit. A panel of obstetric and health experts developed evidence-based postpartum clinical management algorithms and companion patient education materials based on the 21 most common pregnancy and delivery complications identified using ICD-9 discharge code data in California. Review and download this important guidance by clicking here.
- Healthy People 2020 Objectives for Maternal, Infant and Child Health
- In late January revised Dietary Guidelines for America (DGA), a joint effort of the Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), were released. First published in 1980 and updated every 5 years, the guidelines direct public health education, clinical recommendations and federal nutrition policies. One of the most significant highlights in the DGAC Report is the greater emphasis on addressing the overweight and obesity epidemic in the United States. The latest guidelines can be accessed at: http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/DietaryGuidelines/2010/PolicyDoc/PolicyDoc.pdf. Check it out and encourage your patients to take a look, too.
Preconception Health and Health Care Updates
Alerts regarding new clinical guidelines, surfacing teratogens, public policy initiatives, the next Summit, funding opportunities, etc.
If you have breaking news you would like listed, please contact Merry-K Moos at email@example.com